.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Top Ten Reasons Why Texas is NOT Like California

10.The Alamo. Texas is home to the Alamo. A symbol of the fight for freedom at all costs. A rallying cry for people shaking off the bonds of persecution. Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie. Nobody ever charged into battle screaming, "Remember the Walk of Fame"
9.Income Tax. For my income level, State income tax in Texas is $0.00 in california it would be $9114.00
8.Property Rights. Texas is a Homestead State. That means that they can NEVER take your house if you are sued. Or your car for that matter. It gives new meaning to "a man's home is his castle"
7.Wage Garnishment. In Texas, it is illegal to garnish a man's wages for purposes of debt. Sorry. If I get behind on my payments, my paycheck is still all mine.
6.Land prices. I bought a three bedroom, two bath house with a yard in a nice neighborhood for $86,000. It took me one day to find it. There was a new roof, new carpet, new bathrooms, new ductwork, new AC, etc.
5.Natural disasters. In Texas, there is an occasional hurricane that hits the coast and makes it rain for about a week. That's about it. In California, there are frequent earthquakes, mudslides, wildfires, droughts, and even the danger of tsunamis.
4.Friendliness. The word "texas" comes from the indian word "tejas" which means "friend". The people in Texas are known for their hospitality. Even by people in California. Don't believe me? Check out the fat man walking journal.
3.Texas has Jackalopes. California has grackles.
2.In Texas, the Men look like Men, and the Women look like Women. And that's all I have to say about THAT.
1.And the number one reason that Texas is NOT like California...Bar-B-Que.

5 Comments:

At May 30, 2006 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of good points to the Lonestar state.

Subconciously, often when I think of Texas I think about all of the women that won Miss America from that state when I was a kid. Don't know how many but my possibly mistaken memory tells me a lot.

 
At May 31, 2006 7:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You almost make me want to move there if it weren't for the atrocious Texan summer heat. :)

 
At May 31, 2006 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey wait a minute there are some pretty nice folks out here.

 
At June 03, 2006 2:29 AM, Blogger Random Girl said...

I've seen plenty of women there in Texas who looked like men. And our bugs aren't big enough to carry off a kid.

 
At June 04, 2006 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would live nowhere else but California.

You can't beat the weather and the diversity and not to mention the SHOPPING!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?