.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Monday, May 22, 2006

So now I'm a freak

In the old days, a phreak was someone who would go onto the phone lines and hack the connection. Once upon a time, it was possible to play a certain tone into your phone and end up unattended on a trunk. Those were the days.
The word evolved to modern day where it refers more to someone who hacks a system for the sake of hacking it. For example, I hacked the code to the pneumatic tube system at work and reset the controls so that I could control the operation of my terminal. And then I returned the system to the way that I found it.
But now I am apparantly a freak.
Freak: NOUN: 1. A thing or occurrence that is markedly unusual or irregular.
With the alternate definition being: An eccentric or nonconformist person, especially a member of a counterculture.

Now, whereas most of the people I know around here would fit the second definition, I would say that I am a member of the first.

The difference with me, if I say so myself, is that I possess a unique blend of characteristics, which in and of themselves are quite conventional, but combined, that is to say, in their gestalt, form a personality which is, admittedly so, odd.

That happens sometimes. For example, being inquisitive could be seen as a good thing. Being social is also a beneficial trait. But together, they make you a pest.
Having a love of telling jokes is wonderful. Having a poor memory is ok. Combine them and you have someone who always forgets the punchline.

My own personality is somewhat of an anomaly.
(which, by the way, I love that word...anomaly...you know it's an anomaly when you look at it and say it anomaly like that.) (ok, sorry)

I have a unique mix of traits.
1. Exceptional intelligence. I don't want to get into this one right now. I will just say that I am very smart. I am not trying to brag. Just take it at face value. I will have to do another post on this subject one day, because it is a topic unto itself. So when I say exceptional, think Einstein. Again, let me reiterate that I do not mean this to be bragging.

2. Insight into people's thought processes. Genuinely.

3. A wonderful, although twisted, sense of humor.

4. A three day work week which always leaves me with one night out of the week when I am not at work, but am up in the middle of the night. This leaves me with a lot of free time, one night a week.

5. Impulsiveness.

When you combine all of these things, the end result is something like this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3 Comments:

At May 23, 2006 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being assigned the second definition of "freak' actually looks kind of like a compliment -- to me.

As for your Einsteinian genius - good. You can visit my blog and answer all of the dumb questions I put out there. I wonder about everything. : P

 
At May 24, 2006 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did the name Jagular come from? Its an interesting name.

 
At May 27, 2006 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you can tell me how to get my browser off the proxy server that shows I'm in Anaheim?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?