.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Jackalope

I've been having a discussion
with Black Dog lately about the Jackalope. He doesn't apparently believe me when I tell him that critters are digging in my trash. So here are the pics to prove it.
First I went and took the trash out to the curb. The way I figure it, critters and varmin don't know what day of the week it is. Then I waited behind a tree until I heard crashing noises of critters in the trash can. So I jumped out and looked and there were not one, but two jackalopes. I pulled out my camera and went to snap a picture, but the battery was out. Lucky thing though, I had my new RAZR with me. So as the Jackalope took to running, I ran after them and took some pictures.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
They had a bit of a head start on me, but I'm half Indian, and we were in the woods, so I figured we were about even.
I followed them to what I thought was their burrow.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
But as it turned out, this hole comes out the other side. So they got away from me. I had to go back and get some shoes on, because I didn't exptect to have to follow them. I was just going to take some pics and go back inside.
So anyway, I found some tracks in the dirt. I took a picture of them, but it didn't turn out too good.
But then I found their real burrow, with both the jackalope there, sitting and looking at me. Of course, they ran into the burrow, which was apparently pretty deep. But I got a picture of the second one in.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I wanted a picture of the other one, too, so I stayed out there and waited for a while and finally I got tired of waiting and stuck my arm, as far as I could reach it down into the burrow and snapped a bunch of pics, hoping I would get lucky.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
So there ya go, Black Dog, that one's for you.

2 Comments:

At May 26, 2006 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Jackalope has a fat ass.

We have pests digging through our tash cans too, requiring us to keep them inside of the yard until trash day. We call our pests bums.

and that last pic - An Ode To Black Dog's Campaign Against the Grackles

 
At May 26, 2006 9:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

omg..I remember the damn skunks in San Diego when I lived in the hills..those little bastards sprayed my damn dog every friggin week trying to get to the trash cans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?