.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

We went out to eat

I took my wife out to eat last night.
We went to this little place I know that has country cooking at its best.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
It's called the Potatoe Patch in honor of everyone's favorite Veep, Dan Quayle.
No, seriously.
The food there is just tremendously big.
They have fried mushrooms......
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
.......the size of golf balls. I don't really like golf because they make the hole too small, and it's too far away. Plus they make you wear stupid pants and the most aweful shoes. Driving those little cars is fun though, but if you don't be careful in them then you will get kicked out of the whole place, which they never showed on Happy Gilmore. But it was funny when he got into a fight with Bob Barker. I thought it was funny when he told Bob Barker that "the price is wrong, bitch". The other one I like is Bob Euker. I've seen him on lots of tv commercials and in guest spots in a lot of different shows, but come to think of it, I've never seen him throw a baseball. And if you go to the potatoe patch, they don't throw baseballs either, but they do throw food.
No, really. They throw food.
Ok, see, when you are eating your food, they have free sides. They make rounds and come by and say, would you like some...whatever it is that they have.
Their fried green tomatoes are really good.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
But you can't really throw those.
But then they come around with fresh baked rolls. Hot rolls anybody?
And if you say yes, here it comes. They throw it across the room to you.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
On the menu it says, "Dropped rolls ain't worth eating anyway."
I got the "all you can eat chicken fried steak" for nine bucks.
Now I don't know how much you can eat, but I can eat more. Especially if it's chicken fried steak.
But my wife got the "all you can eat steak and shrimp" which, she can't eat nearly as much as me, but shrimp are small you you can still eat a lot of them.
Before we went out to eat, we had gone to see a movie, which we saw "See No Evil"
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Which on a scale of one to ten completely sucked ass.
I got nothing against Kane, mind you.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
He sure can whip the snot out of Rey Mysterio, that's for sure.
But didn't do so good at killing people and plucking out their eyeballs, like he did in the movie.
Which, of course, we had a lot of the mushrooms left over after we ate.
But we took them home with us and the kids really liked them.
Dogs, on the other hand apparantly do not like mushrooms, but they will lick off the outer crust part if you batter dip and fry them.
By "them" of course, I mean the mushrooms. Not the dogs. You can't batter dip or fry a dog because you will go to jail. You could do hush puppies, but that's a whole other story.

2 Comments:

At May 23, 2006 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel like I've taken three straight shots of Jack Daniels. Woo!

 
At May 23, 2006 8:56 PM, Blogger jagular said...

Sorry, I've been reading "Lake Wobegon Days"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?