.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Quote of the day

I was driving down the freeway with my daughter in the car and we were passed by a pickup truck. It was a great big crew cab truck. There was a guy alone in the front, driving, and in the back were three Mexicans. They were huddled over against the cold. One of them had pulled his hood of his sweatshirt up over his head, and all three were somewhat shivering. My daughter saw them and watched as they passed us.

"Hmmmm..." she said. "I ain't never seen that before."

I was quiet. I was trying to decide if she was old enough to understand if I were to explain to her about day laborors and about how people don't always trust them enough to let them in the cab. At the same time, I was impressed that she would notice that there was room in the front, but three of them sat in the bed, in the cold.

"Daddy, did you see that?" she asked. "There was a guy driving a truck over there, and he was hauling two workers and a grim reaper."

2 Comments:

At December 16, 2006 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so sad.

Her reaction was funny though.

 
At December 16, 2006 9:30 AM, Blogger Tired of being broke said...

out the mouth of babes. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?