.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Friday, December 08, 2006

Christmas Carols

It all started one day as I was walking through the supermarket. They were playing music overhead and I suddenly realized that they were playing Christmas carols. Except that the one they were playing was some guy singing a carol and changing the words to what he obviously thought was a more modern day approach to it. I always hate that. Why can't they just leave things alone? It really made me mad.

But then I realized...

If they can do it, why can't I? I mean, if it upsets me, who rarely ever gets upset, what would it do to a mere mortal? So I decided to test it out.

I waited until just the right moment. My wife and I were sitting, watching TV and the show had just ended. I began to sing:

In the meadow we can build a snowman.
And pretend that he is Parson Brown.
He'll say are you married
We'll say no way...


The reaction was instantaeous. It was heartfelt. It was painful.
I decided to try my luck again later in the night.

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But your kiss is... also frightful.


I tell you, Hell hath no wrath.
So how would the kids react?

Jack Frost roasting on an open fire.

Kids have even faster reactions than adults do sometimes. "Daddy, if you aren't going to sing it right, don't sing it at all."

So I tried one more time.

Outside the snow is falling
and friends are calling wassuuuuuuup


Ok, well now I give up. I'm out of ideas.

5 Comments:

At December 08, 2006 4:41 PM, Blogger Save Sheila said...

We're always butchering songs in my family. My family did it when I was growing up, so I do it and my husband and kid picked it up. Sometimes we get way out of line with it, but mostly we have fun seeing who can butcher a song the best! We sing in the car doing stuff like that cause it's fun. But I can't do it in front of other people (not family) since it embarrasses the snot out of my kid! But then, embarrassing him is my job. I live for that.

 
At December 09, 2006 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just crack me up..........I tell you.....I'M COMPLETELY CRACKED!!

 
At December 10, 2006 3:00 PM, Blogger Denise Mall said...

Hey Jagular, I saw your comment on LeighAnn's sight ING Direct is a high interest (compared to local banks), no minimum, no fee online savings account. I have had one since 2001.

They give referral $$$ to you when you send new customers. The offer I was giving for LeighAnn does NOT pay me a referral. It is a special for $50, not the usual $25 sign on bonus.

Check out their site and read up. If you are interested in my $50 bonus, email me and I will send the codes to you.

Facts you should know:
1. Must open with $250.00
2. You will earn interest from day one on all $300 ($250 + bonus)
3. ING is a 100+ year old company
4. FDIC insured
5. Account must be opened by 12/31/06 with the $250 in order for this deal.
6. After opening you can withdraw a portion of the $250 (even up to $249) if you have too. But why interest is good!!!

Then you need to help me get LeighAnn Saving. She needs it too!

 
At December 10, 2006 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol too funny...i think u were right to start with in saying to just leave them along. lol
:-)

 
At December 12, 2006 3:53 PM, Blogger 7 Bates said...

Oh you better watch out
You better not die
You better stay healthy
I'm tellin' you why...

Cuz, rotting corpses
stink up
the place!

Expanding gases bloat you
then flies think you're a charm
soon maggots will devour you, so
just please don't buy the farm!

Oh!

You better not croak!
don't de-animate
pushin' up daisies
isn't all that great...

Cuz rotting corpses
stink up
THE PLAAAAAAAAACE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?