.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Friday, December 08, 2006

I was talking to 7 last night

I was up late during the night, IM'ing with my friend 7.
No, seriously. That's his name. His mother named him 7. Not Seven. 7.
I'll just be frank about it. The guy has issues. I think it has to be the trauma of going through life with a number for a name. Think of the possibilities.
When you are signing for a fedex you could just --zip-- put your name on it without pausing. But growing up must have been hard for the guy. I've known him since he was a year old, and I can assure you that it can make some interesting things happen in your life.
I remember one time in particular. He was seven years old and his mother was taking him down to the local swimming pool to get "pool tags" to let him in all summer. All she had to do was to fill out a short questionaire and pay her ten bucks.
Lifeguard: Ok, and what is his name?
Mother: 7
Lifeguard: No, his name.
Mother: 7
Lifeguard: His NAME is 7???
Mother: Yes.
Lifeguard: What does it say on his birth certificate?
Mother: 7
Lifeguard: So under NAME I will put 7?
Mother: Yes.
Lifeguard: OK, lady. And ummmm...how old is he?
Mother: 7
Lifeguard: Lady, get the hell out of here.

And if you think Norm has some name recognition? No way. He's got nothing on 7. He has the most memorable name in history. And poor Mrs. 7. I won't even get into the issues that she must have. "Aren't you 7's wife?"

2 Comments:

At December 08, 2006 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the great thing on what makes people unique.

I think I might change my name to 32!!

 
At December 10, 2006 12:10 AM, Blogger violetvirus said...

as troublesome as it may seem, it sure is unique...I dun think he would ever get to know someone who has d same name as his...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?