.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Please disregard my previous post. I changed my mind.

I'm just kidding.
I stayed up into the night and worked on my outline. I was really amazed at how quickly it all came out. You know how everyone always has an idea for a book that they stew on for years. Well everyone I hang out with does, anyhow. It would appear that mine has been stewing long enough that it is pretty much done cooking.
I typed out the outline as if I were recalling a story instead of creating one. It was really spooky. Word Count gives me 1889 words in the outline. I think that's not too shabby. Of course the outline is not anywhere near complete. I need to go back over it a couple of times and fill in the gaps. But I got most of the main points included, or at least accounted for. Mostly it's plot highlights or interesting/funny things that I want to include in each chapter, written in bullet points. On my second go around I will make it more "outliney" in that I will include each actual thing that is supposed to happen in the whole book. At least that is my intent.
When it comes time to actually sit down and start writing the book I will have to steal that spiffy little sidebar wordcounter that Heather uses on her blog. That's a really nifty looking little tool.
I still haven't decided on if I will type the book or write it longhand. In the past I have only been able to write longhand. But that was a long time ago. I'm a better typer now, and Word has improved greatly.
I still haven't come up with the characters' names or the Title of the book. But what's the hurry.
Is there such a thing as a psychological comedy?

9 Comments:

At December 12, 2006 10:53 AM, Blogger TTQ said...

That's awesome! And the last comment? Yes there is at least in my mind.

 
At December 12, 2006 11:48 AM, Blogger Heather Hansen said...

That is great! Keep going! Woo hoo!

I've been reduced to the ole' pen and paper... mostly because I can't trust myself with the internet. hee hee hee.

 
At December 12, 2006 3:58 PM, Blogger 7 Bates said...

I got your title, and you ARE a psychological comedy.

 
At December 12, 2006 5:30 PM, Blogger violetvirus said...

You are writing a book! dat's awesome!!!

Well, I think there is...if there isn't, make yours d first one under dat category...

:)

 
At December 12, 2006 5:32 PM, Blogger violetvirus said...

You are writing a book! dat's awesome!!!

Well, I think there is...if there isn't, make yours d first one under dat category...

:)

 
At December 12, 2006 5:33 PM, Blogger violetvirus said...

You are writing a book! dat's awesome!!!

Well, I think there is...if there isn't, make yours d first one under dat category...

:)

 
At December 13, 2006 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say it again sister.

 
At December 13, 2006 3:39 PM, Blogger Save Sheila said...

Good for you! We can cheer you on from the sidelines! Of course, one of the characters must be named Leigh Ann. It's just perfect! You could have a Yennie, Violet, Sheila, Karina, Seven, or anybody! Stephen King (my favorite) says he pulls names out of the phone book. I applaud your motivation and dedication. I'm just too lazy. Let us know how it's going!

 
At December 14, 2006 1:36 AM, Blogger violetvirus said...

Ooops!

I didn't know it was published 3 times...something wrong with comment page when I was posting it...it kept going "the page cannot be displayed"..so, i kept refreshing it..

now, I can't seem to find a delete button...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?