.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Monday, April 17, 2006

Shakira

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"Hips Don't Lie"
It's the number one video for how long now? Something like a hundred weeks in a row.
And why exactly is that? Is it some sort of social statement? Is it being promoted by some secret society of the ultra rich and powerful? Is it due to affirmative action and the fact that she is Hispanic?
No, none of the above.
It's the belly-dancing.
I've never seen anything like it before. How does she move her body that way?
I think I could watch that video about a hundred times in a row.
If I turned off the sound.
You see, Shakira is the dudest sounding chick I have ever heard in my life. If they are ever re-mastering an old James Earl Jones movie, they could get her to dub over all of his lines and nobody would even notice.
So the big question is....why do they keep playing the song on the stinking radio?
I mean, that's like advertising perfume on TV. It just doesn't work.
Even in a magazine they put the little "scratch and sniff" part so you can get the right sense involved in your purchasing decision.

Ok, so that's my rant for the day.
Now I have to go do my taxes.
I don't want to wait until the last minute this year.

4 Comments:

At April 17, 2006 11:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Men...you guys can always find a workaround..I swear to god,when it comes to a good looking chick.

Taxes? Ah yes..that time honored tradition of taking from the poor and giving it to the rich in the form of loopholes.

 
At April 17, 2006 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That new song of hers, I think with the guys from Black Eyed Peas - annoying. Annoying and awful. But I do like looking at her, except for that video where she smeared herself with motor oil.

 
At April 18, 2006 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHAKIRA RULES!!! I never got past the picture. sorry.

 
At April 18, 2006 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her singing really sucks, but so does Madonna and Zitney spears.

Its all about style over substance, image over artistry, its all about the bottom line!

And Shakiras bottom can line up anywhere it wants in my house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?