.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

To whom it may concern (This means YOU)

This just keeps getting stranger and stranger.
First I start seeing strange looking people. Then I began being stalked by people in unusual vehicles. And NOW.....
They've gone and psychoanalyzed me. See link.
I believe I have it all figured out now. And I'm pretty sure I know who is behind it all.
You see, I've been working on building a new computer. I think I have raised some eyebrows in the process.
In fact, I'm quite sure of it. When the Geek Squad shows up in front of your house, you know you have something unusual.

Now when I say I'm building a new computer, it doesn't really do it justice. It's more like a big computer/entertainment center/multimedia/every diehard nerd, geek, and barney wanna-be techno-nut in the world's dream machine.

It's a whopper-hal-skynet combo named OPTIMUS PRIME.

It's top of the line.

It's big.

It's heavy.

It's boss.

It's an AMD Athlon 64 bit dual-core 4800+ with 4 gb RAM and just over 1 tb storage.
It has dual Radeon 512 mb Video cards with crossfire, yielding four dvi outputs for a four screen extended desktop. That's for the four ultra high res 19 inch NEC monitors all side by side. It has a dual layer dvd coupled with a lightscribe dvd.
It has a soundblaster x-fi platinum soundcard with 7.1 surround sound 700 watt speakers for house shaking audio output. It has bells and whistles everywhere, including an external SATA port and 24....count them, 24....USB ports.
For those of you not coming out of your chair or drooling profusely, it's silver with blue lights.

And it's sitting in my living room.

I ordered a lot of the parts for it from newegg
I believe that's somewhere in California.
Now you know how those California people are.
Near as I can tell, one of the employees at newegg or with fedex saw what I was building and told a friend. Eventually it came to the attention of a group of nerds that I was building something that would put them to shame.
And of course, you know how those California people are.

So the geek squad showed up at my house.

Well, I did what any other Texan in the world would have done.
I laughed.

So they called in the big guns.

Apparently, there is a seven foot tall, 350 pound geek out there who does the dirty work for this secret, underground society of social misfits.

And he does psychoanalysis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?