.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Monday, January 22, 2007

The problem with debt repayment plans

I think I have figured out where a lot of people have problems with paying off credit cards. Here's the scenario:
You decide to pay off your credit cards.
You sit down and make a budget.
You send off all of your payments just like you planned.
You are all hyped up over it.
And then...
It's two friggin weeks until your next payday. What do you do in the meantime?
You always used to go shopping, or go to starbucks, or whatever.
But now?

And that's the problem.

Thank God that this is not MY problem. It's just my observation of other people.

In fact, I still deny having a problem with my debt. I'm just paying it off because I want to.

6 Comments:

At January 23, 2007 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly!

 
At January 23, 2007 5:00 AM, Blogger Chance said...

You got this right! My strategy is to write out the checks on payday, but mail them in between so I still feel like I am making forward progress. It is the stupidest trick, but it works.

 
At January 23, 2007 5:44 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

And this where my trick works, I pay bills twice a month. I split everything in half and apy on the 10th and 25th, it's always on time and your money is evenly distributed.

 
At January 24, 2007 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

:-)

 
At January 24, 2007 12:41 PM, Blogger jagular said...

Yes, Leigh Ann, the first step is admitting that you have a problem, but only if you actually do have a problem. If you don't have a problem, that's not the first step. :P

 
At January 24, 2007 9:58 PM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

I have a problem ... there, I took the first step.
How come I don't feel better??

lol ....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?