.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Monday, January 08, 2007

Tagged by Leigh Ann

I was tagged by Leigh Ann. I am to disclose six weird things about myself. Just for the record, I am complying under protest due to the fact that I do not believe that this meme is fair. I do not have as many wierd attributes as some people.

1)My accent changes when I talk to different people, according to the accent of the person I am talking to. It's not unusual for a person from another country to ask me which part of his country I am from. I don't do it on purpose. This tendency has it's roots in that I have always had to dumb down my conversations for the sake of the other person. Changing accents is only the natural progression.

2)I interpret almost everything to mean the opposite of what was intended. It's a mind game I play. Not a mind game where I am playing mind games with you. A mind game where I am bored and I play games in my own mind for my own entertainment.
It's a little bit hard to understand, so I will give a real life example to make it more clear. You say: Studies have shown that twenty percent of the people do eighty percent of the work in any given task. I interpret: Whenever a job is to be done, there is a certain amount of work that constitutes the task. Twenty percent of the people in the world add four times as much work to the original job. For example, when I was involved with the speed solving the Rubik's Cube group, there was a discrepency in the definition of what constitutes a world record. Guinness had their rules for beating the official world record, and we had different rules, based on real life, instead of just on what seems right. Someone suggested that we form the official Rubik's cube association, so that we would be the ones in charge of making up the rules according to how they should be so that a world record would actually mean something. That sounds easy enough, I could do it all in an afternoon. But then came the "twenty percent who do eighty percent of the work". They decided that we needed a charter, bylaws, elections, board members, office holders, membership rosters, mission statements, vision statements, and even an office with a secretary, thereby needing membership dues, as well as official publications, etc, etc.
OK, screw that, it's a Rubiks Cube, not an olympic committee. Stop adding work. Anyhow, I interpret things the opposite of everyone else.

3)I am the only one who can prevent forest fires.

4)I enjoy music more than just about anything else in the world. In theory only. In actuality, there isn't much music that I actually like. But it's not the music's fault.

5)I give away a lot of money. Long term average is about two thousand dollars a month. But not just blindly though. I find people who are really needy and help them out. I'm not sure if this is a blessing or a curse, but I know it's weird.

6)I almost never forget anything that I have learned. I don't know if this is weird so much as uncanny. In fact, I don't forget much of anything at all.

Ok, I'm informed that it is time to eat. No more time for elaboration.

(I refuse to tag anyone this time. Call it a meme rebellion.)

3 Comments:

At January 09, 2007 4:21 PM, Blogger Save Sheila said...

It took so long for Blogger to load this page that I forgot what I was going to say. My Dad could solve a Rubik's cube in less than a minute. I have his old one and I've never been able to solve it. Frustrating, because I'm reasonably intelligent.

Only you can prevent forest fires. Head for California.

 
At January 10, 2007 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid to ask, How are you the only one that can prevent forest fires?

And #2 alone makes you weird!

:-)

 
At January 11, 2007 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Blogger told me that I might have a virus. Spent two hours scanning my files. No virus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?