.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I have a daddy's girl

My daughter if five years old now. And she is a daddy's girl.
I realized that a little while ago when my wife and son came up to me and confronted me.
"Why is it that when Ambre wants something you drop everything and go do it for her, but if one of us needs something you get around to it?"

I pause, realizing that I am travelling in dangerous water here. Am I playing favorites? Well, no, I must protest my innocence, because I don't believe I have a favorite. Do I show preferencial treatment to my daughter over my son and wife? That's the question. hmmmm. You better believe I do.

"Because when I get home from work every day, she jumps up, shouts "daddy's home" and runs down the hallway, climbs up me, and gives me a great big hug. That's why. I don't see either one of you do that. I never hear either one of you crying at bedtime saying "I want daddy to be the one to put me to bed", and I don't ever see you refusing to go somewhere without telling me goodbye."

"Oh," they said. "Well, we were just wondering."


A few days later I was driving to work and my phone rang. It was my daughter.
"Daddy, do we have enough money to call out for pizza today?"
"Well, you need to ask mommy, because daddy is going to work."
"She said for me to call you and ask you, because she doesn't remember how much money we have left."
"Why didn't mommy just call me then?"
"Because you can't say no to me."


Ok, did you ever get the feeling that you've been figured out?

2 Comments:

At November 14, 2006 7:04 PM, Blogger Save Sheila said...

My kid was a daddy's boy until fairly recently. He worships the ground my husband walks on; hubby can do no wrong. But he's discovered that I'm getting easier to negotiate with as time goes by, so now he always wants to talk to me!

 
At November 14, 2006 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how cute!!! but yep - she's got your wrapped around her little finger. I've always been a daddy's girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?