.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Saturday, November 11, 2006

I stopped in at a garage sale today

My neighborhood has a lot of garage sales.
Every Saturday on the way home from work, as I drive through the neighborhood, I stop at a garage sale.
They usually have some pretty good stuff.
Today I got a couple of hack saws for a buck each and a craftsman toolbox for five bucks.
Not too bad. I've done better though.
Oh, I also got a globe, for another buck.
And a job offer. Well, two job offers, actually.
I've gotten a lot of things in garage sales, but that was the first time I ever got a job offer at one.
They offered me a position where I work sixteen hours saturday and sixteen on sunday, and get paid for forty. I also got an offer for manager of a nursing home.
Two job offers in one garage sale.
I think I'll pass.

4 Comments:

At November 11, 2006 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

16 hours straight would be tough! My neighborhood had two garage sales today, but I restrained myself. I need to have one, but putting prices on everything is the one thing keeping me from doing it. I feel like just putting up a sign saying $1 for each item. But we've got some stuff that we could get more. It's just such a pain! I never got a job offer at one, though.

 
At November 11, 2006 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Well at least you have options if you are ever laid off!

 
At November 11, 2006 6:30 PM, Blogger jagular said...

I did get laid off one time.
It took me six hours to find another job.

 
At November 12, 2006 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With your profession, how hard could it be, especially if you have any type of connections at all in nursing.

If I lost my job, I would first go to Unemployment, and then to a place that sounds like fun to work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?