.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Scaring people

One night I was at work and I was checking the schedule for the coming week and came across the phone number list for the staff. (AKA, the where are you didn't you know you were working today list)
I xeroxed it off and then when I went on my lunch break I memorized everyone's phone numbers. There were about forty of them. But I'm some kind of phone number freak. I can't remember people's names for anything though.
Anyhow, when I got back from my lunch break I was sitting there and as each person would walk by I would do my best rainman impersonation and recite their name and phone number. People were getting all freaky and "OMG, you are scaring me. Stop it, you stalker."
About six months later someone was late for work and the new phone number list on the schedule didn't have her name on it. They were getting frantic trying to get ahold of her, so I said, here, try this number: 555-8167
So they called it and she answered the phone.
She was puzzled, because she specifically remembered removing her number from the computer.
"Where did you get my number?" she asked.
"From Ken. He knows everything."
"Where did he get my number from?"
"You remember that night about six months ago..."
"Crap, that's scary."
"I know....HEY KEN...YOU'RE SCARY"
"Alice Johnson. Johnson, Alice. 555-3850"
"Just...oh...that just scares me."


Life is short. Play hard.

7 Comments:

At November 09, 2006 11:15 PM, Blogger Heather Hansen said...

I am NEVER telling you my phone number!

;)

 
At November 10, 2006 12:08 AM, Blogger TTQ said...

hey! That was my old cell phone number

 
At November 10, 2006 5:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so funny! I'm also very good with phone numbers. I remember the ones from my childhood that don't even matter anymore!

 
At November 10, 2006 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too funny! I am the same way. It drives me crazy.

I can't remember where I was yesterday, but I can remember a phone number of an ex's best friend's mother's brother's favorite restaurant.

Useless information clouding up what could be a brilliant mind!!

tee hee

 
At November 10, 2006 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh heh its fun to fuck with co-workers.

 
At November 10, 2006 6:23 PM, Blogger Tired of being broke said...

Why couldn't you blog about this a few months ago. I love my cellphone today, and I do not know any of the numbers. Guess I will be emailing people to get new numbers.

 
At November 11, 2006 7:02 PM, Blogger Tired of being broke said...

Just realized the above post should have said 'lost' my cellphone today. Wow I wonder where my head was at when I wrote that post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?