.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Monday, November 06, 2006

re: Heather's Thoughts

I just wanted to take a minute to brag on Heather.
I think maybe she is a little too humble to brag on herself.
But hey, I'm from Texas. Bragging is right up my alley.
In case nobody noticed, Heather broke ten thousand words today.
She's taking part in NaNo and she is supposed to write a fifty thousand word book in the month of November. Most people don't do that in an entire lifetime, and she is doing it in one month. And this morning's update put her over ten thousand words. That's ten thousand words in five days. And during football season, no less.
Now when she starts playing it down and saying "Well, I have a pretty detailed outline that I'm following" don't listen to her. She made the outline. That just means that she's doing well because she has done well in preparing.
So the correct response is, No way, Girl, you are just smokin'.

So way to go, Heather. Keep it up. You're doing great.

4 Comments:

At November 06, 2006 3:36 PM, Blogger Heather Hansen said...

WOW. Thank you.

I was pretty convicted last night as I was watching a comic on TV and she was saying that we all have a little bit of self worth problems - that when people complement us we say, "It's not that big of a deal."

Okay... I do this. Why is it so hard for me to take a compliment? I decided that I was going to just say thank you from now on.

And then today I log on here and see this! WOW

So here's a big THANK YOU. I am blessed. ;)

 
At November 06, 2006 10:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think even I would have a hard time writing 10,000 words in a month, although I do write alot..3 forums, 3 blogs..thats alot of writing,but usually I cheat and put the same post on them all. I write daily on my political blog, but have fallen down on my personal blog. I find it hard to talk about myself lately since I am in constant pain...and no one wants to read that every day.

Kudos Heather!

 
At November 07, 2006 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you had an assload of time, 10,000 words could be done in a matter of days, a week tops. The thing is, most of us don't have the time to do that sort of thing.

Actually, you could probably write 10,000 words in one day if you sat at your computer for 8-10 hours.

 
At November 07, 2006 1:47 PM, Blogger jagular said...

I could certainly TYPE that many words, if I had straight copy, but it's the coming up with them that would slow me down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?