.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Women and Men argue Differently

I love my wife. I really do.
But someone needs to teach her the fine art of arguing. It's not that hard, really. Point A, Point B, Point C, Conclusion.
I did the dishes last time, I did the dishes the time before that, you told me that you would do the dishes this morning, do the dishes. I could handle that. In fact, how could I counter it?
Nope.
Women and Men argue Differently.
Women seem to prefer a different format.
Derogatory statement, insult, epithet, Conclusion.
You don't appreciate me. You are a lazy slob. I'm glad your mother died. Do the dishes.
It just doesn't do anything for me. I mean really. What are you wanting? Ok, I'll take my unappreciative, lazy, orphaned self in and do the dishes then.
How about this one?
Me: You are spending too much money online.
Wife: You are getting a bald spot on your head.
I just don't get it sometimes. There's a disconnect somewhere. I'm working on it though.
Like that last one? Try this one:
Wife: I've hated you since the first time I ever met you.
Me: Why did you marry me then?
Wife: I just felt sorry for you.

Sometimes I just feel lost.

*Note* My mother is not dead and I don't have a bald spot.

5 Comments:

At November 02, 2006 6:55 PM, Blogger Heather Hansen said...

We don't fight like men because we're not men.

My husband is bald.

I don't insult during a fight. EVER.

My husband and I have had 2 fights in the 6 years we've been married. The second one was last week. I was irritated and basically I wanted him to "WANT to do this dishes." And he was like, "Why would I WANT to do the dishes?"

The next day we rented "the break up". And by sheer co-ink-i-dink, they had the SAME fight, almost word for word. Steven said, "OMG where are the cameras in our house?!"

 
At November 02, 2006 7:57 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

I think I like your wife. She keeps you on your toes.

Today, I was making the bed with all fresh linens, all 9 pillow cases too..My honey comes in
"Here I'll help you"
"No really it's my job"
"No I WANT to help you, it's not your job"
"Ok, Pull this side tighter, no it's backwards, no, that pillow doesn't go in that case, now take this turn it upside down lay it flat, now center this one, fold here and here, add this one folded in three till it comes to here, stack dark pattern pillow in back with white colored pillow in middle, then the other solid pillow, repeat on your side, now turn the top sheet down."
Honey says "You do this everyday?"
Me: "Everyday,It's my job"

 
At November 02, 2006 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm bad. My husband and I have only had 3 fights and they only lasted about 45 minutes.

The secret to a great marriage is compromise.

And don't sweat the small stuff!

 
At November 03, 2006 4:31 AM, Blogger Save Sheila said...

My husband and I rarely fight--we've fought maybe four times in all the years we've been married. And every one was started by me! He's the most easygoing guy I've met (which is one of many reasons I married him). But men and women do argue differently. I argue emotionally; he argues logically. I'm not a logical person.

 
At November 03, 2006 10:58 AM, Blogger jagular said...

We don't argue all that much nowadays.
But when we first got married, she was pretty much determined to pick a fight every day.
Oh, those were the days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?