.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Tagged

I have been tagged by the queen of the temper tantrums.
I am to disclose five interesting things about myself.
I've been stewing on this for a little bit, and it's harder than I thought, because I don't usually consider myself very often. So I've decided to do this in freestyle. Just start typing and see what comes out...

1)I don't like people very much. It's not that I don't want to. I even feel guilty about it sometimes. I even try to like them. But I just don't.
It's not that I'm stuck up, or antisocial, or think that I am better than anybody.
I think it's mostly because virtually everybody I know has their head stuck up their butt. Everyone lives in their own little world and never stops to look up and see who is around them. It's the old "my four and no more" cliche. They need a bigger TV or a new car or a bigger house or more money. At the same time their neighbors are going without. I just can't live that way. When was the last time that you did something for someone when you knew that there was nothing in it for you? I'm not talking about letting someone over into your lane. I mean something substantial. Did you ever bring eight hundred pounds of turkeys to the homeless shelter? Have you ever overflowed the canned goods donation box at work with 600 cans? How many times have you gone without because you wanted to help someone else out? I'll give you a recent example. Someone I know was burglarized. The thief stole a computer, fax machine, dvd player, surround sound, and a few small items from their house.
If you've never been robbed, there's a feeling of being violated involved.
I went out and replaced everything that was stolen for these people, but with top of the line items. I got them a four hundred watt surround sound system, a 5 dvd changer dvd player, a laptop computer, a very nice fax machine, etc. I dropped over fifteen hundred dollars that day. And here's the kicker...I sooo could not afford it. But I'll make that money back, so why worry about it. So now I'm broke. (But don't worry, I'll get paid tomorrow)
I wasn't going to even mention all of this to anyone. But I got tagged.

2)I have an IQ around 170. I often dumb down my conversations so that people can follow along. The only person outside of my family who I know of that can hold their own is Seven. He's pretty slick. He gets my jokes. And even better, he can figure out my word problems. Here's a good one as an example. It's a number series. In other words, what number comes next? But first, let me explain that there are two types of series problems. One is the infinite series. It goes on forever. For example, if the series starts out 2,4,6,8... then you know the next number is 10, but then comes an infinite number of other numbers 12,14,16... and so on. It is infinite. But if I put down S,M,T,W,T,F,? You will know that there is only one letter that comes next and that it completes the set. So if you figure out that it is the days of the week, you will know that the last letter is an 'S', and then the set is over. So here's my example of a series problem that I saw that I figured out, and then I told it to Seven and he figured it out:
4,6,8,12,? There is one number remaining in the set and it completes the set. It is not infinite. Google searching is not allowed.

3) I have a "thing" about my food. I won't share a meal with just anyone. It has to be a close friend of family. And that even goes for sharing information about what I am eating. If you ask me what I brought to work for lunch, I won't tell you. If you offer me some of your food, I will come up with an excuse to not take it. If you are going to McDonalds and ask everyone in the office if they want anything, I will say no. Sharing food is an intimate act, and I am not willing to do it. I know it is wierd, and I see myself doing this and want to slap myself. On the other hand, if my wife wants to eat off of my plate, that is fine. But if you so much as look at my plate, I will feel somewhat awkward.

4) I have a tendency to take people out of their comfort zone. I do it on purpose. If you are ever in a conversation with me and suddenly find yourself completely lost because everything that you said suddenly doesn't make sense, I did that. If you are ever talking to me and following along quite nicely and then two days later you realize that I meant the opposite of everything I said to you, I did that. Don't worry, it's nothing personal. It's for my own entertainment. But don't worry, my wife gives me mine. She'll say, "I'm not going to argue with you about it, because you'll win the arguement and I'll feel stupid about it, but you'll still be WRONG"

5) I find pregnant women to be attractive. Not in some freaky kind of pervert fetish kind of way. I just think that pregnant women are very feminine. Just like pony tails. I also like blondes. But not blonde bimbos. And not so much the bottle blondes. I prefer women who are classy over women who dress skimpy. That being said, there is no way I could ever cheat on my wife. That's what marriage is. It's when you are not going to be with anyone else for the rest of your life. Cheating is simply not an option.


Ok, there. Five interesting things about me.
(in case you can't tell, I have now planted enough information to be able to transition from "nice guy who posts tribute videos" back to "smart@$$")


I'll go ahead and tag Sheila before Leigh Ann gets to her.

6 Comments:

At November 01, 2006 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I can't believe you stole Sheila!

I will post mine tonight. I'm at work and shouldn't even be on here, but couldn't wait to see what you wrote today.

I am so the same way with food. I couldn't eat in a restaurant for a long time because I couldn't understand why all these strangers sit in the same room eating. I have gotten over that now.

You don't like people very much? I hope that doesn't mean me. :-(

I am totally lost about your number two. (I mean the question, not the, you know what) Number two.....get it? Ok, not that you want it.

Number five. Maybe you should have your wife feminine, if you know what I mean. ;-)

And you should have a number six....that everyone here loves ya!!

 
At November 01, 2006 11:39 AM, Blogger Heather Hansen said...

My DSL has been down for a week (my last post was from Starbucks). And to come back to this - *giggle* - You didn’t disappoint me. This was the FUNNIEST thing I’ve read in a while. Ha ha ha ha!

I liked the video tributes too. ;)

And you’re right, “cheating is not an option.”

I’m sad you’re not doing NANO with me but I completely understand. It’s the first day and I’m completely overwhelmed. But I WILL be published so that means lots of hard work. I’m shopping around one right now so I need to get a move on to get my next novel completed incase I can’t do anything with the one I have. It may take me until I’m 50 but by gum, I’m going to do it!

 
At November 01, 2006 11:43 AM, Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Hi...first time here and I literally stumbled onto you.
I found Save Shelia on Bestest Blogger. Today, I follwed her post to Leigh Ann's site, which then dropped me onto your site.
You #2 has me losing track of my work things at the moment. I know i recognize the series, and should know the last number, but at the moment it escapes me.
I am going to forget about it and let it filter into my brain.
Have bookmarked you...if you have a chance stop on by mt home, bondsbigleathercouch.blogspot.com

 
At November 01, 2006 1:29 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

Thanks for participating. You don't talk about YOU too often. I said it before, I'll say it again YOU ROCK!

 
At November 01, 2006 7:05 PM, Blogger jagular said...

LeighAnn: Well, my wife got fissed after the last one. She had such a hard time with it that we didn't want to push our luck on another. So she went ahead and got a BTL, which isn't really like a BLT. Before we had kids I thought that pregnant women were all fat and nasty, but after she got pregnant with the first one, I saw the beauty of it all.

Heather: I'm so jealous of you. I will have to do the vicarious writer thing, through you.

Bond: Ok, I'll go check out your site. Be careful on that number series. It'll hurt your brain. And then when you figure it out, it's a really cool feeling.

ttq: Oh, well thank you.

 
At November 02, 2006 11:38 PM, Blogger Random Girl said...

I understand the conversation one well. I am always confused when talking to you. It's still fun though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?