.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Conversations

We were at the dentist, waiting for him to finish my wife's tooth. I was watching the children. My five year old daughter came up to me.
"Daddy, I'm bored. What can I do?"
"You can help me look at this pretty picture on the wall."
"Daddy, that picture isn't pretty. It's stupid."
"It's stupid? I kinda thought it was pretty."
"Nope, it's stupid."
"Ok," I said, "how about that other painting over there?"
"Stupid."
"And the one by the desk? Is that one pretty?"
"Nope, it's stupid."
"Is the one by the door pretty?"
"Stupid."
"And is that last one over there on the wall stupid, too?"
---long pause---
"No. Actually that one is kinda pretty."

Thomas Kincaid wins again.

6 Comments:

At November 12, 2006 4:27 AM, Blogger Save Sheila said...

Thomas always wins! He does neat stuff, but kind of predictable. I have one of his works (inherited it) over my fireplace.

 
At November 12, 2006 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheila,

YOU DO NOT!!! I am so jealous! He is one of my favorite artists! I have one on my wall in my bedroom. Not an original though.

WOW!

Post a picture of it!

And Jag,

That is so funny! I cringed when you said dentist. I am so scared of going now. Is you wife ok? Hopefully it wasn't a bad repair. It's nice that you all went with her. You guys have a great relationship.

 
At November 12, 2006 2:50 PM, Blogger Heather Hansen said...

Bleck. Thomas Kincaid. Not my cuppa.

 
At November 12, 2006 4:13 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

Mine either

 
At November 13, 2006 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont even know who he is :-)
Your daughter sounds cute though... :-)

 
At November 13, 2006 4:42 PM, Blogger 7 Bates said...

Thomas Kincaid - Painter of Crap with glitter snow and shit on it. Blah!

That tears it. He's now infecting kids with his crap! Save the babies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?