.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Jury doodie

I got a summons today for jury doodie.
The good news is that they just increased the amount that they pay you per day to forty five dollars. So if you get picked for the actual jury you could make a couple of hundred dollars. The bad news is that I will have to miss a day of work to go to jury doodie, so I will lose over six hundred dollar in pay.
I'll have to take a look at a calendar and see if I can come up with a way to work around it. That's too much money to lose.


When you look at the mail and see the jury summons, do you usually say something about duty or something resembling the word doodie?

4 Comments:

At October 01, 2006 5:17 AM, Blogger Save Sheila said...

Doodie, definitely. But, in all my years as a registered voter and taxpayer, I have never been called for jury doodie yet. If you call them, they will usually let you reschedule to the next court calendar (might be a better fit for your job schedule).

 
At October 01, 2006 11:49 AM, Blogger TTQ said...

Check with our employer, usually you will get paid by them and you surrender the jury duty check to them. You can't get paid both ways..

 
At October 01, 2006 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is an exemption for those with young kids. You can take advantage of that. I also think that in Harris County, something like 10% of those summoned actually show. Work those percentages!

 
At October 02, 2006 6:02 PM, Blogger jagular said...

I think I could probably get exempted then, but if I am able to go, I would still go anyway. I think that if I was on trial for something I would want someone like me on the jury.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?