.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Facetiousness

I was at work and one of the nurses called in. She said that she was on her way to work and was in a car wreck so she couldn't make it. Of course, everyone was worried, but she said that she was OK.

So about ten minutes later, she called again and said that she was OK, and that her car was driveable, so she would be at work after all.

So after she called, what did I say?

"She said it turns out that she wasn't in a car wreck after all, so she'll be here."

The room went quiet as everyone's gears started clicking upstairs, and figuring that she had lied in the first place and then got stood up and decided to come to work after all.

Facetiousness.

4 Comments:

At September 24, 2006 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too funny!

Couldn't she just call in sick and then say she felt better.

She goes all out!

 
At September 24, 2006 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its better to not show up at all then come in the next day like nothing happened and if they ask you say ohhh I was in a 97 car pile up out I-10 and my car was reduced to ash but I'm doing well I walked way without a scratch then break down and start weeping and maybe the boss the will let you go home on stress.

 
At September 24, 2006 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That nurse is a moron.

Hey Ken, you should do a post with tipcs on working the night shift.

 
At September 25, 2006 7:34 AM, Blogger Save Sheila said...

Some people have no sense of humor! Mine is very dry, but I still have one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?