.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Ok, I ran the numbers around for a while.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

As near as I can figure, I have left $460.40 in the bank.
I get paid in two days, so I'm doing good there.

Debt is a little harder to calculate, because I already paid all my payments this month and haven't gotten my new statements yet, so I will have to use my previous statements, although they won't be entirely accurate, because I already made the payments on them.
So I am figuring out what I PROBABLY still owe on each one.

Also, how do I calculate it? Is the house included? The student loans? The car?
I think I will just begin with unsecured credit card debt.
So the closest I can figure is that I owe approximately $9048.00 in unsecured debt, all totalled.

Next I will be working out a monthly, biweekly, and weekly budget so that I can get this over and done with in the shortest time and with the least amount of pain.

My wife and I have been working on some ground rules.
1)No skimping on the food.
2)The lights are never to be disconnected for nonpayment.
3)Christmas is coming up. It's the most wonderful time of the year. The debts will still be there after the holiday is over. So no skimping on Christmas, but also, no charging.
4)We each have a cell phone. Why are we paying for a land line? It is so out of here.
5)The maid service (once per week) is gone after this week.
6)No subscriptions will be renewed, but they will not be cancelled before their renewal.
7)Just because we are paying off our debt doesn't mean that we can't still help other people out as the opportunity arises. Do unto others.
8)Anybody who owes us money, if they haven't paid it back by now, does not have to. Anyone reading this who owes me money is free and clear. (Of course if everyone were to pay me back at once, I'd already be out of debt.)
9)No arguing about money.
and
10)Enjoy life.

3 Comments:

At September 20, 2006 6:41 AM, Blogger Save Sheila said...

Thanks for the good words on my site! I know getting out of debt can be a monster, but we can do it! The only reason we have a land line is for the DSL service. The nearest WiFi spot is the library which is 5 miles away and I don't want to go there. But my laptop does have wireless internet, so we may need to consider ditching the land line, too. It's $50 a month, plus another $40 for the DSL. Yeck!!

 
At September 20, 2006 10:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds like a great plan! I like your positive attitude about this whole thing. You're right that you shouldn't have to sacrifice your enjoyment of life to save money. Good luck!!

 
At September 21, 2006 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You owe them money....you don't owe them your life!

You are incredible!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?