.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Sunday, September 17, 2006

I hate waking up

I think the thing I hate most out of every day is waking up. It's probably because I am not very good at it. If I was good at waking up, I'm sure I would like it a lot more, but as it stands, I hate it. I lay there dreaming about forklifts backing up as the alarm clock blares.
So every day when it's time for me to get up for work, someone will come in and make sure that I wake up.
Today is was my five year old daughter.

"Daddy, it's time to wake up and go to work"
"I don't wanna get up"

"Daddy, here's your choices:
Get up and go to work. And... Get up and get in the car, and go the heck to work.
And here's your not choices:
None. And... Stay in bed."

So I got up.

Oh how quickly they grow up.
Just the other day I was changing her diapers, and now she is excluding nulls.
Soon she'll be married and gone.

4 Comments:

At September 19, 2006 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you say that you work 18-hour days? I'd have a hard time waking up too.

Your kids get up before 0700 in the morning full of ebullience?

 
At September 19, 2006 10:48 AM, Blogger jagular said...

I work twelve hours a day, three days a week (Fri,Sat,Sun) but I work nights, so I don't get out of bed until about five PM.

 
At September 19, 2006 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your front page shows this as having zeo comments.

How do you darken your room for sleep? Do you have special curtains?

 
At September 19, 2006 12:17 PM, Blogger jagular said...

That's because your computer is trying to save time by pulling my page from your cache. It doesn't show zero comments on anyone else's computer. If you hit F5 it will reload the updated page.

I just close my eyes and snore. The light doesn't bother me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?