.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Friday, September 08, 2006

Gas prices are falling

I filled up the tank this evening at $2.39 per gallon.
That's the lowest I've paid in a year. That's about thirty cents lower than I paid only a week ago.
Not too bad. But did you notice that every time the prices go up due to some disaster or summer driving season or winter heating or whatever else reason they always seem to have, when the reason is over with, the prices never go all the way back down to where they were.
What's up with that?
I mean really, it gets expensive after a while.
First off, I have to drive a van so I can haul the wheelchair when we go out as a family. So my milage isn't that good to start with.
And then I have to drive almost thirty five thousand smoots to work. And that's just one way. It's almost a seventy thousand smoot round trip. And at 14,000 SPG it gets expensive. I have been paying over two hundred dollars a month for gas lately.
Anyway, I'm glad the prices are falling. The highest I paid was 2.99 per gallon. So I never did break three bucks. I heard that on the left coast it was closer to four bucks.
Now that's just outragous.

3 Comments:

At September 09, 2006 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's around $3.50 a gallon here. My sister lives in Hawaii and it is well over $4.00 there.

Ok, love the word smoot!!

 
At September 09, 2006 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's $2.75 here. I drive so little it seems that gas prices really don't affect me. However, I'm still getting used to a fill-up eating up 2 $20 bills.

 
At September 09, 2006 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It hurts when a fill up that used to cost 20 bucks now costs 40. The prices in the stores have all gone up to compensate for the price of fuel yet wages have satyed the same. I figure it will take another drop below 2 bucks a gallon to have any real meaning for me and that will never happen. Show me the Iraqi oil. And then I heard about the new way the oil companies are trying to extract oil from shale rock and saying it could help while the cheapest alternatives arent being explored it makes me wonder who really runs this country.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?