.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Kids. Gotta love 'em.

Everyone was getting ready for bed. The kids were off doing the "put your dishes in the sink, pick up your toys, brush your teeth, get dressed for bed" thing. I was in my bedroom putting some things up and getting ready to go to bed myself.
Suddenly two children come marching into my room, each with a fist up in the air, and they are chanting...
"An-gry mob...An-gry mob...An-gry mob..."
They make a circle through my bedroom and then right back out of the room.
Nothing more was ever said of it.



Daughter: What are you going to do today, daddy?
Me: I'm going to take over the whole world.
Daughter: You don't have super powers.



I was on the phone with my mother, talking about my daughter.
Me: Ambre told me she didn't see me in my bedroom, and the car was still in the driveway. "And that's how I know'd you were out here playing pool."
Daughter: Daddy, stop telling all my secrets.


I was laying on the bed on my stomach, with my head turned to the right.
My daughter came in and climbed onto my back and layed down so that her head was off to the side with her face right in my face. So I turned my head the other way.
So she moved over to the left, and again here face was right in my face. So I turned back to the right.
So she put her hand on my head and pushed downwards to prevent me from turning my head and then moved so her face was again right in my face. So I made a show of trying to move my head, but couldn't because her hand was still pushing down.
"That's cheating," I said.
"No, Daddy," she said. "That's called winning."

1 Comments:

At August 09, 2006 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great anecdotes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?