.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I went to a garage sale today.

I like garage sales. I go to them whenever I can. It all comes down to the age old expression about one man's trash. And I never like to pay full price for anything, so garage sales rule. I once bought a car at a garage sale. And in my neighborhood we have some good ones. There are people from secondhand stores who stock their entire store from garage sale items from my neighborhood.
Well, I went to a garage sale today and what did I find?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Apparently there's a woman who is moving to San Antonio and she doesn't want to have to haul this thing off.
"But Daddy," said my daughter, "I don't know how to play pool table."
"It's OK," said I, "I'll teach you."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"What about me?" said my son.
"Sure," said I, "Grab a stick. I can teach you, too."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Parenthood. It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.

3 Comments:

At August 04, 2006 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun times! Your kids can probably beat me at pool.

 
At August 05, 2006 12:40 AM, Blogger 7 Bates said...

Man, what a solid yard sale goodie.

 
At August 07, 2006 4:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Garage sales are the best for great (cheap) finds! Btw, your kids are cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?