.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

When a Stranger Calls

I woke up this morning to a knock at the door. When I answered the door, there was a man standing there. He said to me, "Hello, I saw that your grass is tall, and I saw the handicapped plates on your car, so I was just stopping in to see if there is a handicapped person here who can't mow their grass. I would mow it for you."

So I told him no thank you. I have someone who comes and mows my grass, but he hasn't been able to lately because of all of the rain. It's been raining every day.

So then the guy told me, "Well, if it's a handicapped person living here, I would mow it for FREE." Now I don't know about you, but free is my favorite price. But since it's my wife and not me that's handicapped, I told him that's ok, but I sure appreciate the gesture. And then he was on his way.

So when I closed the door, my son was standing there behind me. Now you know how if you want the truth, you ask a child...

In his innocent way, as if to say that the Emporer has no clothes, my son tells me, "You dumbass."

3 Comments:

At August 02, 2006 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you did the right thing. You didn't take advantage. Definitely not dumb.

You are a very noble man.

Bravo!

 
At August 04, 2006 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree you did the right thing. Sucks having integrity, doesn't it?

 
At August 05, 2006 12:39 AM, Blogger 7 Bates said...

You're all dumbasses.

Go mow ONE lawn in Houston, Texas and then come back and say that. Just one. Ken has, and as a result of turning down a free mowing from a good hearted person, his son had to step up and declare his dumbasshood.

Go Kenny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?