.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Why I cannot eat in the cafeteria at work

The cafeteria at work is really nice. They spent over a million dollars making it.
The food is provided by a major caterer who does many of the expensive hotels in the area. The prices are reasonable. But I cannot eat there.
It seems that when they ring your food up, the prices are really easy to remember. An entree costs a certain amount, regardless of what it is. The vegetables are the same way. Each one costs the same. The same with the potatoes, rice, baked potatoe or any other starch that you want. And the bread is the same way. If you get cornbread, it costs the same as a roll, or toast.
So if you are a cashier, all you have to remember is four prices. What a good idea.
But I can't eat there.

"What entree would you like?"
"Ummm...the chicken"
"And would you like any vegetables?"
"Ummm...yes, please. The corn and the spinach."
"And would you like a starch?"

And there it is.
Please do not refer to my food as 'a starch'.
Because if you do, I will not eat it.

"And would you like a starch?"
"No, and you can keep the entree and the vegetables. I no longer have an appetite."

3 Comments:

At January 24, 2007 10:06 PM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

ahhh .. and I don't like it when they say meat ... I would prefer that they call it chicken, beef, pork ... whatever, but meat is just too vague for me.

 
At January 25, 2007 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cafeteria food is the bomb. I like most starchy foods.

"Would you like pig kidneys?"

"By that you mean the Polish sausage, then yes I would Costco food worker."

 
At January 25, 2007 4:39 AM, Blogger Save Sheila said...

I'm finally catching up on blogs, so I can't comment on all the ones you've done in the past week, but the cafeteria I had at my first job was great (and cheap!). But I'm not crazy about calling it a starch, either. What's wrong with just potato, bread, whatever? Yuck, starch. It sounds like what you put on shirts to make them crisp. Oh, yeah, that IS what that is!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?