.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Oh What A Day

It's been a busy day today.
Santa was on the last float in the Macy's parade, so everyone knows now that ChristX season is here. Santa is in town. He's taking names. No more whining or sneaking around. Eat all of your vegetables. Help with the dishes. The fat man is watching you.
"Daddy, are we going to go out tonight and look at Christmas lights?"

We went to my mother's house for Thanksgiving. Everyone got stuffed. Nobody had to go to the hospital.



Here's a good picture. There are little spikes that go into each end of the ear of corn, so that you can hold them while you eat it. There's a puppy head on one end, and a tail on the other. It's a corn dog.


While I was at my mother's house, she had me install a 200GB HD in her computer. I've been promising to do that for a couple of weeks now, and she finally caught me.

CONVERSATIONS WHILE DRIVING:
Son (on the cell phone with my brother): OK, I gotta go. Talk to you later...Oh, ok, she's right here...
(hands the phone to my daughter)
Daughter: Hello? Hello? Hello? There's nobody there.
Son: Man, that trick never gets old.

Wife: We had turkey for Thanksgiving. Are we going to have ham for Christmas?
Me: I don't know. That's a long time from now.
Wife: Do you see? That's the difference between men and women. Women are always thinking.
Me: Thinking or talking?
(Silence)
Me: Oh. NOW you are thinking.
Wife: You just wait.

Me (looking intently out the car window): Wow.
Everyone else: What?
Me: I just saw a matababy.
(Long pause)
Wife: What's a matababy?
Me: Nothin. What's a matta wichu?
(Long pause)
Wife: Damn.

I hope everyone had a wonderful day today. I'm going to go take a nap, compliments of Tryptophan.

6 Comments:

At November 23, 2006 9:29 PM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

Excellent post. Holiday car rides can be so entertaining.
I read all of your Leigh Ann posts today and have to say Bravo to you. Way to step up and help out a friend (or 20 as your case may be ..) that is really terrific of you.
Frannie

 
At November 23, 2006 10:36 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

everybody's sleeping with TTQ today..

Another acronym for TTQ:
tryptophan tryptophylquinone

 
At November 23, 2006 10:37 PM, Blogger violetvirus said...

dat's a good one..however did you come up with dat?!? :P

 
At November 24, 2006 6:30 AM, Blogger jagular said...

Frannie: Well thank you. I was really proud of all of her friends and the way that they all came to help. Many of them I didn't even know, but I saw them linked on Leigh Ann's blogroll.

TTQ: It's OK, TTQ, even though we slept together, I still respect you.

Violet: I think you are asking about the matababy one...I heard that one before, back in the mid 1980's. So that would make it an oldie but a goodie.

 
At November 24, 2006 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a funny funny man. And your wife is right........

We always are.

 
At November 25, 2006 11:08 AM, Blogger violetvirus said...

Yup, dat's wat I was talking about...a real goodie..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?