.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Mega Millions

Ok, I had to go to the store after all, so I picked up a ticket.
Mega Millions. Tonight's drawing: 16 million.
Odds of winning: 1 : 175,711,536
Odds of being struck by lightning: 1 : 600,000

I think I would prefer winning.

The question came up as to what I would do if I won the lottery.
I thought about it for a while and here is what I came up with:

I would pay off all of my debt.
I would buy about 100 acres of land on the outskirts of town and build a house.
I would quit my job.
I would set up an interest bearing account and live off the interest, never having to touch the principle.
That would give me enough money to live off for the rest of my life and still be able to help out a lot of people. I would probably set up some sort of organization where I would match people's donations to certain causes. Something to get more people involved.
I probably wouldn't change my standard of living too much. I rather enjoy my life as it is.

3 Comments:

At November 21, 2006 8:18 PM, Blogger jagular said...

Well, I ALMOST WON.
I only missed it by five numbers.

 
At November 21, 2006 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man........so close!

I missed it by only six.

Oh........I have to buy a ticket??

 
At November 22, 2006 6:26 AM, Blogger TTQ said...

I would stay here in our house buy the vacant lot next door from the elderly widow who owns it. I would buy my other neighbor's house from her family when she passed or has to leave. I would put my mom in her house and put a pool and a more formal garden in the vacant lot. I'd buy a Hummer so when I do curb checks I don't get my alignment out of whack, I would travel ALOT with my mother and my husband. And my husband could quit his job and put his heart and all his time into helping others, he does so much now and works long days. I would have a cleaning lady come in not because I don't want to do it, I just don't do a great job and honey worries that it is too much for me (because of my health).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?