.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Friday, October 06, 2006

budget update

I got paid today. WooHoo!
And now I am broke. BooHoo!

I still had $91 left over from last payday, so I put that in savings. I hope I can build up my emergency fund that way.

I paid all of my utilities (All on time. Won't they be surprised)
And then I transferred the balance from my highest interest rate debt to a zero interest card. My intention is to just knock it out whenever the income tax check comes out in the spring time.
Then I budgeted for food and gas and took everything that was left over and...

paid off one of my debts.
So now anything computer related that I have bought in the past is all paid off. Over and done with. The end.
I love you, Newegg but I don't think I will miss you. Thank you for the six months of no interest, no payments. Didn't think that I would pay it all off on the last week before the accrued interest kicked in, did you? Good bye.

Beginning balance: $9048
Currently deferred: $2974
Current balance: $4283
Amount paid off: $1790

Not too bad for the first 17 days of this, wouldn't you think?

5 Comments:

At October 06, 2006 5:11 PM, Blogger Save Sheila said...

Cosmic! Doin' good!!

 
At October 08, 2006 6:55 PM, Blogger Tired of being broke said...

You are doing great. Posts like these lets me know it is doable.

 
At October 09, 2006 3:48 PM, Blogger 7 Bates said...

Sheesh, what are you wasting your money on?

 
At October 09, 2006 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting intio the budgeting spirit now.

I don't have a wife and kids. I never spend all of my paycheck.

 
At October 09, 2006 7:06 PM, Blogger jagular said...

s.r.: Now is definitely the time to do it then. You just got out of school. Do you have student loans to pay off?
Get yourself 100% debt free and stay that way. Then when you sucker some sweet young thing into marrying you it will be Soooo much easier.
I couldn't begin to tell you the hard times my wife and I went through when we were starting out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?