.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Jagular

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Creed

I cannot say my creed in words.
How should I spell despair, amazement, anger, certainty, and unbelief?
What was the grammar of those sleepless nights?
Who the subject? What the object?
Of a friend who will not come...or does not come
And then creates his own eccentric, special dawn
A blinding light, that does not blind.

Why do I find you in the secret, wordless places where I hide from your eternal light?
I hate you... I love you...
I miss you... I wish that you would go...
And yet I know that long ago
you made a fairytale for me
about the day when you would take your sword
and battle through the thicket of the things I have become
Your kiss to life my sleeping beauty
waiting for her prince to come.
Then I will wake,
and look into your eyes,
and understand.
And for the first time...
I will not be dumb.
And I shall...
say my creed...
In words.

-creed, City Of Gold

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker HNT_1 Who links to me?